We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join a growing Engineering Firm, primarily providing project engineering and design to the Veterans Administration. This position is open to mid-career and senior-level engineers.
Project types include the Department of Veterans Affairs, Healthcare & Federal, Commercial, Data Centers, Industrial, and Military.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mechanical engineering as an individual contributor, discipline lead, and project manager as the individual project requires.
- Provide Project Site Evaluations, Design Narratives, Specifications, CAD drawings, and Mechanical Analysis.
- Apply creative problem-solving skills and definitions to Proposals and Statements of Work.
- Willingness to learn a new construction industry segment and take on projects requiring rapid learning.
- Preferred areas of expertise include HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, and other MEP-related systems.
- Assist General Contractors, Architects, and Engineers to ensure compliance with specifications and design during construction.
- Provide technical support for other engineers and designers in the MEP Department.
- Travel to and visit project construction sites to make initial assessments, observe construction progress and compose trip reports. (Site visits may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out-of-town project locations).
- Review, understand, and apply local, state, and federal codes and standards related to the design and construction of project facilities and ASHRAE, ASME, IMC, IPC, and NFPA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills while working independently with the VA or as part of multidiscipline teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and design independently with minimal project supervision from beginning to end.
- Ability to manage deadline-driven workload and work on multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- A PE ME in any state is preferred; however, an engineer that has passed the FE/EIT and is working towards a PE will be considered.
- Preferred software expertise includes AutoCAD, Revit, Office Applications, and one or more MEP analysis programs.
- Healthcare and Federal facility design skills or related experience are a strong plus but not required.
West Point Engineers (WPE) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. For WPE’s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, WPE makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
WPE provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call (502)-890-2210 for assistance.