We are in search of an Architect/Engineer Project Manager that can provide design and Project Management for a multidisciplinary design team nationwide.
Project types include the Department of Veterans Affairs, Healthcare & Federal, Commercial, Data Centers, Industrial, and Military.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and architectural judgment in developing architectural solutions.
- Produce construction documents using REVIT.
- Understand construction assemblies and best practices.
- Actively coordinate design and equipment with consultants and other disciplines.
- Research and select building products and compose written specifications.
- Participate in project meetings and document discussions through meeting minutes.
- Actively participate in quality assurance/quality control review sessions at project milestones.
- Compile all documentation required to submit projects to Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for review and approval. Tracks submissions and responds to comments and requests from AHJs as required to obtain permits.
- Manage projects through the Construction Administration phase by routing RFIs and shop drawings to the appropriate team member, responding to RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, issuing ASIs and RFPs, and reviewing pay applications.
- Travel to and visit project construction sites to observe construction progress and compose field reports. (Site visits may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out-of-town project locations).
- Continually learn and stay informed of new systems, methods, and sustainable practices to benefit the collective team and clients.
- Actively support the strategic goals of the firm, department, and manager and understand how your actions contribute to them.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other design professionals.
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through.
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Willingness to work on various project types, building typologies, and architectural styles.
- Strong proficiency in modeling in REVIT and SketchUp.
- Growing understanding of building codes and how to apply them.
- Professional degree from a NAAB-accredited architecture school.
- Current RA or have completed a 3-year training period to qualify for ARE.
- Provide an established NCARB record.
- Preferred 3 to 10 years of professional experience.
- Experience working on healthcare projects.
- LEED or similar accreditation preferred.
West Point Engineers (WPE) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. For WPE’s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please email email@example.com. Furthermore, WPE makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
WPE provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (502)-890-2210 for assistance.